I’m proud of my work with many partners and friends at Boston Harbor Islands National and State Park.
One of my favorite projects was building the park’s welcome center on the Kennedy Greenway in downtown Boston (video above; photo below).
The welcome center received the following awards:
- 2020 BSA Harleston Parker Award, People’s Choice
- 2015 International Architecture Awards honorable mention in the Cultural category, hosted by Architecture Podium
- 2014 Finalist for Boston Society of Architects Harleston Parker Medal
- 2012 ACEC/MA Engineering Excellence Awards Silver Award
- 2012 American Architecture Award from the Chicago Athenaeum
- 2011 Honor Award for Design Excellence from the Boston Society of Architects
- 2011 Grand Honor Award from the Associated General Contractors of New England
- 2012 Silver Award, ACEC/MA Engineering Excellence Competition
- 2011 Honor Award, Boston Society of Architects
- 2011 Hobson Trophy, Boston Society of Architects
- 2011 Grand Honor Award, AGC of Massachusetts Build New England Awards Program
In 2016, the park celebrated 20 years as part of the national park system. Here’s a summary I prepared of our first years: 10 Years Of Progress: Laying A Solid Foundation.
This work by Bruce Jacobson is licensed under Creative Commons 4.0 International License—Attribution-ShareAlike.
Header Image: NPS Photo/Vincent
Video: Northeastern University
Last Updated on 6 September 2022.